Family and Community Resources
Here is the information for your local Child Care Resource Center. Click on the links below to learn more about their services.
Child Care Resource Center(818) 717-1000
Mission: The Child Care Resource Center cultivates child, family and community well-being.
Find Child Care: http://www.ccrcca.org/parents/finding-child-care
Paying for Child Care: http://www.ccrcca.org/parents/paying-for-child-care
Funded Child Care Options: http://www.ccrcca.org/parents/funded-child-care-options
- New Map of Food Services: Charters add more than 100 food sites!
- Los Angeles Food Bank Pantry
- Seniors Meal Map
- LA Job Portal for those whose employment has been impacted by COVID-19
- Benefits for workers impacted by COVID-19.
- Employment Development Department Frequently Asked Questions.
- Paid family leave is available for those who stay home because they need to take care of someone who has contracted the virus (Covid-19) or who has been quarantined (must be certified by a medical professional). Learn how to File a Paid Family Leave Claim here.
- Disability benefits /paid sick leave are available for those who have actually contracted the virus themselves or who have been exposed to it and are quarantined (must be certified by a medical professional in the case of Disability Benefits). Learn how to File a Disability Insurance Claim here.
- Unemployment benefits are available to those whose hours have been reduced or who have lost their job due to coronavirus measures (and it also applies to those who choose to stay home due to underlying health issues making them more vulnerable). The Governor has waived the 1 week wait time and the person may not be required to be actively looking for work (as is usually required). Learn how to File an Unemployment Insurance Claim here.
- Directly from the Employment Development Department: “Employers experiencing a hardship as a result of COVID-19 may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. A written request for extension must be received within 60 days from the original delinquent date of the payment or return.
- Los Angeles Department of Water & Power still offering payment plan and suspending utility shut off for March (for now)
- Southern California Edison respond to customer needs
Resources for Undocumented, Uninsured and Immigrant Families
- Department Public Social Services Financial Resource for Impacted Families
- Coronavirus Testing and Treatment for Uninsured
- Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions for Immigrants
- LA Mayors Office of Immigrant Affairs Resources
- Youth Justice Alliance Resources for Undocumented People
- Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights: Know Your Rights
Addressing Children’s Questions Regarding Coronavirus
Explainer Video from BrainPop, showcased on PBS NewsHour
Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus from Child Development and Behavior Specialist Betsy Brown Braun
Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus from The Child Mind Institute
Talking to Your Child About Coronavirus from the National Association of School Psychologists